Tuesday, 25 September 2007

Charcoal City



My creation
Originally uploaded by SnippitS
This week I am involved in a collaborative art project for Artopia. We (11 students of Swan TAFE) are spending the week in at the Kurb Gallery completely covering the walls with charcoal drawings of a city. I am enjoying this much more than I expected as charcoal is one of my least favourite drawing implements. Here is a sample of the walls. We have 3 more days of drawing and I think it should look fabulous when finished. Many slightly quirky drawings have been included so they are really fun to look for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's great Di, which bits did you "colour in" ? LOL

hugz,

Di's SnippitS said...

Fran we move around every hour to a different position. So we add to others work. A couple of my start of pieces is the temple ((top left hand pik) though someone is now drawing buildings behind it so I think it will end up like a gateway, the building in the far bottom left(middle bottom pik) and I have done a train in a tunnel somewhere (not shown here) and bits and pieces here and there. People are adding the funniest things. We have a Where's Wally, a huge robot peaking out from behind a building, a lost cat poster and you have to find the cat which is on the other side of the room, a guy clinging onto a pole as his mobile phone flies out of his hand, etc etc. The drawing area is 3 metres high and covers all the walls of a small art gallery.

Liz Needle said...

What a great project Di. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.