
Objects just seem to pop up with the right names for me this week.
Weapons: Here is a missile that DH took a photo of when on an overseas jaunt earlier this year. In Woodwork one of my classmates has made a weapon (not a dangerous one) but I forgot to take a picture of it yesterday so will add it in on Weds. I have asked him to kindly name it something that starts with M :)
Later: I have added Dom and his weapon. It was made for a woodwork project the subject being "A filter". This weapon filters life. He has named it Mystique for me :)
Hobbies: My dad made these lovely trays from Matchsticks during the war. He was in the Air force and these have the Air force symbols on them. I also tried this craft but only managed a drink coaster which I have no idea where it is. Also my particular hobby this term has been Metal work. These are the flowers I have been working on now finished, they have crushed glass and resin in the centre.
Texture: Well marble texture came to mind and here is a lovely marble fireplace surround spotted last night while attending my DH's golf presentation, also I have this marbled stone surround on a mirror made in Queenstown Tasmania. The stone is found only in Queenstown and South Africa. I also have pseudo marbled poles in my house entrance. (must transform the entrance to Christmas theme soon it is looking a bit confused). You can see the mirror with the stone surround on the left hand side wall.
The M I used from the barbed wire that I had to use in metalwork (previously used as for the W in the W week)
Saturday, 1 December 2007
M - Weapons, Hobby and Texture
Posted by
Di's SnippitS
at
10:01
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Some great choices there Di,
hugz,
Wow Wow Wow Di Soupy!!! What a fantastic array and what delights for us today. Absolute Masterpieces those trays are of your Dad's... please tell him I much admire them and his handy work. I'll await to see what Weapon name starting with M your friend will come up with.
Wow Di, how amazing to have a tray made out of matchsticks, your Dad is a clever clogs!
Love your metalwork flowers, Di. You always have such interesting choices.
What a wonderful array (and I chuckled at your obliging weapon-making friend!)
Wow Di - you had this week covered. Well done. Can you make some sort of dangerous blue thing in metal work this week?
Wow, M was really your letter! Love the flowers, and your Dad's matchstick tray. And people say quilters are patient!
Post a Comment