Saturday, 2 February 2008

Taking a closer look

















I received a great present for Christmas. My Dad gave me a microscope which has a camera attached to it. I am looking forward to exploring the tiniest world and seeing if I can find some inspiration for my art. Here are some of my first snaps through the microscope. A flies elbow and a close look at a cotton fibre.

7 comments:

Dy said...

the microscopic world is fascinating and you're a lucky girl to be able to photograph stuff through the microscope. You'll have to a few Macro Mysteries!

Liz Needle said...

That is amazing Di. Now I want one. LOL. Just think what I could show the kids at school.

Fran said...

Great, never seen a fly's elbow before

Lindi said...

I like the cotton fibre, but the fly's elbow is gross!
What a great, fun toy to have. Lucky you.
I second Dy's comment...macro mysteries are fun.

Cinzia said...

Who would have thought to go out and photograph a fly's elbow? Looks great.

Quilty Cat said...

The boys in my grade are going to be totally engrossed with the photo of a fly's elbow!
What an amazing gadget!
Will you be able to do "stealth" photos with it? Carmel

Anonymous said...

Oh, that fly's elbow is horrible, but interesting.