Saturday, 16 February 2008

S - Fruit, something that makes you itch and gold

My pictures today include
Fruit: Star Apples and Sweet tamarind. We had a beautifully big tamarind tree on our property in Charters Towers but unfortunately had to cut it down to build our house.
Something that makes you itch: My Mum used to love growing strawberries. She was so successful she had heaps of them. She used to serve them for breakfast, lunch and tea. After two weeks of this I developed an allergy and it was a very itchy rash. It took years before I could eat them again.
Gold: Once upon a time when I was just a teenager my sister gave me a signet ring engraved with my initials. Back in the days when my name was just plain old Dianne Margaret Gibson. I still have it although it no longer fits my finger.
My other gold entry is an S link from some Thai jewelery I have.

6 comments:

Lindi said...

Great ones, Di! Love the snake S, too.
Albert, the gnome is allergic to strawberries, too.

Michelle Watters said...

Great fruit choices Di - and snap on the signet ring.

Pennie said...

Is that a Jelly Snake Di... I love those!

Anonymous said...

That snake made me shiver until I realised it was jelly, though I do love jelly snakes.

cinzia said...

Star fruit... have seen them in the supermarket but never got around to trying one. Wonder what they are like.

Dy said...

Star fruit are so pretty. I find them a tad boring taste-wise, but they look lovely.