Saturday, 19 January 2008

My New Hobby/business


Well today I got very brave and decided to plug in and try out my new little business. This is a mug printing business. I have played around with doing mugs before but was not willing to do it seriously until I found a microwave/dishwasher proof method to print onto mugs. Perhaps quilting designs, art designs, WA wildflowers, Tassie trains and fungi, personalized mugs. All sorts of things I hope to be able to do.
I was getting a corrugated look in the colours. Hmm is the press too hot, to cold? Well this is my first try. A butterfly I designed in art a few years ago. Not too bad but colour wasn't even , not leaving it long enough ??? More practice I guess and.....................
WHOOPS
Mustn't forget to reverse the designs in future before printing.

Robyn was off to a party this evening so we thought we would make a mug for the birthdayee as Robyn had hold of a piece of his artwork. It turned out not too badly but still getting corrugations in the colours. I wonder if he will like it.

5 comments:

Lindi said...

What a cool crafty business to be getting into, Di. Maybe you could design a Scatterday/Scatterdaisies mug and sell them to us! I'd buy one!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lindi, I'd love a Scatterdaisies mug. You're very clever.

DoubleL said...

Gosh you must have boxes of blank mugs Di - Like your U Scatterdaisies too.

Pennie said...

Di you are forever coming up with brilliant ideas, I like these and would happily buy!

Dy said...

I bet the birthday boy was thrilled with his mug. I'd buy a Scatterday mug too! Good luck with your new venture Di.