Saturday, 12 January 2008

E - White, Plant World and Terrifying



Hi Scatterdaisies. Well DH has headed off to his minesite for a few days so I can concentrate on getting up my pictures for today. I found this week really quite difficult and had to dig into my photo library for some pictures. I know I should be dedicated enough to go out and take the photos fresh...but well.....

White: One of the best holidays I had recently was visiting Wilson Island where my daughter was working. These white egrets would roost outside my luxury tent every day.

Plant world: Yes I did have to cheat for this one and looked up eggplant on google. Usually I have a few in the fridge but haven't done the shopping for awhile now.

Terrifying: Well now that one is a toughy. So I have gone with Entrance to a mine (this one's in Kalgoorlie) and if you were a little neurotic or claustrophobic you would find this eerie effigy of a miner appearing particularly terrifying I am sure.

5 comments:

Pennie said...

Oh yes, the entrance to a mine would terrify me very much!

Michelle Watters said...

Yerk - don't like the idea of mines at all. And birds - well we all know my feelings on those.

Anonymous said...

Now why I didn't I think of that, that is one place I definately wouldn't go - under the surface of the earth anywhere! Love the Egrets though, birds are a passion of mine.

Lindi said...

Great one for terrifying! I've been on a tour of a working underground mine, helmuts, lights and all. They got us to turn our lights off and stand in the darkness. I have never seen such enclosing pitch blackness in my life.
Lurve the elephant!

Nola said...

Yes, mines are definitely scary places! Those egrets are beautiful.