Wednesday, 23 July 2008

Posting from Darwin




We arrived here in Darwin on the 13th July. We have had a busy and adventurous time since we have been here




After being here two days we set off on a deep sea fishing trip. It was a most successful day with every one catching many fish. This is the biggest one I caught and he was very hard to bring up.




We drove down to Lychfield Park and checked out all the lovely waterfalls. We went to crocodyllus park and saw a huge number of different species of crocs and various other animals.










Over the weekend we went to Katherine. There we visited the Cutta Cutta Caves, went on a helicopter to view the 13 Gorges. We also went on a boat tour of two of the gorges. We went on t he sunset breakfast tour and it was an amazing tour with beautiful surroundings and a couple of salt water crocs in view as well.



The reflections were fascinating so I will have a few for this months photo themes.

We swam in the hot springs at Katherine a couple of times. The second time we went there a green snake (probably a tree snake) decided to swim around. I was fascinated with the numbers of snakes I saw on this trip. During our deep sea fishing trip we saw a massive sea snake. It was huge. We also say a snake while walking into the Cutta Cutta caves. Then again another snake in the water at Katherine Gorge.



DH has had to return home early as he is to start a new job, but I will be staying on until Sunday evening.

I hope to check out some of the beach areas, go to the mindel markets and have a look at some of the WW II museum and areas of RAAf barracks.

We haven't seen the city area at all either so hope to see there.

We had a wonderful sunset dinner tour for Kats birthday on Monday night. It was a fantastic evening with lovely food. a great sunset and fantastic to be amongst family for a celebration.

1 comment:

Liz Needle said...

Sounds like you had a great trip, Di. Brings back memories for me.