Friday, 19 October 2007

P -metal, sweet, red thing


p
Originally uploaded by SnippitS
Suddenly it is Friday night. This week has flown by with metal work and woodwork classes and my parents arriving last night. On Monday I had my daughters boyfriend Matt stay to. He has been working on a Drill Rig as a chef and was on his way back home to Darwin, it was great to catch up on all his news
So tonight was a bit of a rush and the P photos I have come up with are
Metal - a pop riveter (and the paper clips in P)
Sweet - I have chosen Port a supposedly sweet alcohol because I had run out of pastilles and pastries :)
Red Thing - I rushed out to the garden to take pictures of red petals on roses but realised as I raced out the door that I had red Poinsettia Petals which was even better (luckily too as none of my red roses are out yet.

7 comments:

Michelle Watters said...

Well done Di. Isn't it amazing what you find when you start looking? And all in your own home this week. Mind you I think that TAFE course gives you a few opportunities for odd photos. What about next week - eek!

Pennie said...

Do you like Port Di?? :-) Lucky you had a Pointsettia in the garden the only red in my garden at the moment is Bottlebrush :-) Pennie

Christina said...

very good wouldn't have thought of port

Di's SnippitS said...

Yes Pennie I don't mind Port occasionally. The only other drink of choice besides baileys :)

Dy said...

Good choices Di, isn't it interesting how we all come up with completely different ideas. I like your elephant mat behind the port

jodie said...

Port, that was a good one. Re your question, the roasted peppers are not hot at all, they are capsicums and roasting them brings out their sweetness.

Nola said...

Post - I have some in the cupboard (doesn't everyone?) but another thing I didn't thin of. Isnt it fascinating the way we all find such different things? Beautiful poinsettia..