Wednesday, 29 October 2008

What I LIKE to do

Life has been alittle busy lately and one reason being that I have participated in several art exhibitions over the last few weeks. Here is a sample of what I have been doing.
1. Roadworks exhibition at Mundaring
2. The Transformations Exhibition at the Junction Gallery, Swan TAFE midland
Myself and Robyn both had entries in to this one. It was a print and textile exhibition.
We even got in the paper. I am hiding at the back but Robyn is right there out front with the coat she made from recycled clothing.


My 3D coral made from prints. Some forms fly apart (1 & 2) when hit -like coral spawning) some undulate showing 3 colours (4) when manipulated, other shapes stack. These were inspired by the dead coral rocks that they used as path edges on Wilson Island. The coral skepeton had incredible patterns. The picturebehind is an underwater shot taken in Coral Bay WA with the spawning coral prints superimposed in it.



This is a piece of felt I made. It is double sided and made of multi coloured thread.

I also had a large canvas depicting coral in this exhibition.

3. The La Salle Exhibition. I had 3 photos in this one. I will update this post later

4. The Swan DIstrict Exhibition - also a photo in this

5. This week is the Darlington Art Exhibition in which I have another photo.

Its way after midnight so I had better get to bed now Iwill finish this post later

No comments: